[Peace-discuss] Economic crisis and China

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Mon May 11 13:01:32 CDT 2009

 Roubini's analysis about China, as well as that of Brad Setser from CFR is instructive on this point.  I don't think that China is doing nearly as well as people may think.

 -------------- Original message from "LAURIE SOLOMON" <LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET>: --------------

> China has been hurt actually quite badly by thecrisis.

That is not what I have heard.  According to the reportsthat I have come across, China has been seeing a growth in their economy duringthe crises coming mostly from domestic consumption, which has taken up much ofthe slack in exports and then some.  As to the near future if the globaleconomic crises persist, that is a new and different question.  It may be thatthis growth may stall in the near future and the recent growth may be a “deadcat” bounce.