[Peace-discuss] ...but everyone knew her as "Nancy"

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Sat May 16 11:19:20 CDT 2009

It is interesting how unsophisticated the Amerikan people and the people who
read and rely on polls can be.  I have to wonder if anyone considered, that
even if the CIA did lie to Pelosi and the rest of their oversight committee
- which I  suspect is true, Pelosi probably knew  and expected it, wanted
them to do so in order to furnish her and others with plausible deniability
and cover, and would not have it otherwise.  After all, politics is the art
of deception and being deceptive; politicians who survive are those who tend
to know that and tend to be good at reading the deception in the actions of
other actors and in exercising deception in their own behalf.

I dare say that even the Amerikan public at large knows and engages in
similar acts of deceptions while pretending surprise, different expectations
and desires, and lack of knowledge.  However, for the most part this is just
another disingenuous exercise engaged in by the citizenry at large, who
support such actions by their politicians when it is to their advantage
while making like they did not expect nor know about the deceptive practices
that historically are engaged in.