[Peace-discuss] July 4 parade

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:20:33 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Morton K. Brussel <brussel at illinois.edu>wrote:

I would suggest the evaluation of Lincoln given by Eric Foner (and others)
> who note that one should realize that Lincoln changed during his course as
> President. The quotation below is from 1858…  Better to refer to
>
> http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090126/foner
>
> --mkb

Now here's a marvelous idea.  AWARE could carry 4th of July placards
containing Web URLs like the above.  They're short, pithy, would fit easily
on placards; they serve as placeholders for deeper, more nuanced truths; and
they appeal to the technoliterate generation, who could look them up
immediately on their Blackberries.  Parade problem ingeniously solved.