[Peace-discuss] Chabad in Israel

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 10:32:30 CDT 2009

http://www.newvoices.org/israel?id=0001

While I make it a rule not to view political conflicts as primarily religious, I do think it's important to understand the evolution of the religious diminesions of I/P, especially given the rather benign image that Chabad cultivates in our own community, including among students. And unlike some aspects of Christian fundamentalism in our own country, I don't think that settler fundamentalism has a similar populist dimension that might complicate our understanding of it.

DG