[Peace-discuss] Tony's comments

David Gill docgill37 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 10:00:47 CDT 2009

Regarding Iraq:  I was publicly against our involvement there from the time I began my initial campaign in December, 2002, and I have always opposed our involvement there.

Regarding Afghanistan, I oppose the concept of "nation-building" there through military action, and I view issues related to the Taliban as items that should be dealt with by the Afghani people themselves-- their opinions of the Taliban vary widely, and I don't think it is the business of America to be involved with their internal decisions.

I support drawing down American forces, leaving in place a relatively small number of Special Operations Forces, to prevent the re-establishment of Al-Qaida training camps.  I would encourage all to watch the interview with Rory Stewart on "Bill Moyers Journal" :
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/09252009/profile.html

David Gill