[Peace-discuss] Recruit a Republican Against the War in Afghanistan

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Sep 3 12:22:28 CDT 2009

We are trying to get as many anti-war candidates elected as possible.
Many are beginning to realize that
one should support like-minded candidates in what every state or
district they are from.  Among the anti-War
Candidates we are supporting are Adam Kokesh and RJ Harris (both are
anti-war veterans of the Iraq War).
Both will be at the Midwest Liberty Fest in October
(http://www.midwestlibertyfest.com) as well as others
We are still building the list of anti-war congressional candidates.  I
just found another candidate two days
ago who is running against Costello.

One group that is doing something is (http://www.retakecongress.com).
Retake Congress will support
any candidate from any party if that candidate will sign the platform
statement.

_The Economy:_
Honesty and transparency must be returned to our financial system.
There should be a thorough investigation and evaluation of the Federal
Reserve System. The arbitrary power to create money with no oversight
must be ended. There should be no increase in the national debt. The
Federal Government needs to stay out of the affairs of  private
business. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no
corporate subsidies.

_Individual Rights: _
Individual rights and sovereignty are supreme and inherent. The proper
role of government is
to protect our unalienable rights to life, liberty, and property. The
federal government must serve the people by protecting these rights
within the borders of the states that make up the union. We must repeal
the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA
legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture,
elimination of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We
must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the American
people for the benefit of the government. We must return the checks and
balances as intended by the founders.  The illegal use of signing
statements and illegal use of executive orders must be ended. The
government must not regulate the content of the media.
*
*_Foreign Policy:_
We must stand for a strong national defense. The military is the main
responsibility of the Federal Government. Our military should be used
to protect only our citizens and defend our borders. We need to get our
troops out of foreign countries and politics. /Our foreign policy should
not impose our will or way of life on other nations./ We must not act as
world police. We must reject international treaties that could destroy
our national sovereignty.

_Congressional Promise: _
No member of congress should ever vote for any bill they have not read!

*
*