[Peace-discuss] State Department Terminates Aid to Honduras Coup Regime

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 4 15:45:50 CDT 2009

Not a bad list, thank you, but I would put a few items differently for
Afghanistan policy:

1) Elections sponsored by an occupying foreign power are inherently
illegitimate. Only after that power
agrees to withdraw can an election be meaningful. "We" are not neutral
players in the Afghan game.
  Even if it seems unrealizable/impractical, that is a policy that
those favoring justice should support.

2) Rather than "not escalate militarily", it should be to cease all
military activities (except under strict conditions those which are
purely in self defense).

--mkb