[Peace-discuss] A fresh wind blows against the Empire.

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 6 23:09:44 CDT 2009

Principled?  Will seems to me to be making a purely prudential judgment.  Or, as
we say today, "pragmatic," which means a judgment that specifically excludes
ethical considerations.

There are two quite different ways to oppose America's Mideast war:

[1] it will cost too much to achieve US war aims; or

[2] it's a crime.

Will seems to be embracing [1], not [2].  --CGE