[Peace-discuss] a critique of american medicine and theflexner report

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Apr 19 01:28:28 CDT 2010

Why are MRI's and CTs expensive?

The machines are sitting there.  The technician is there.  Those
are sunk costs.  Does an MRI machine degrade by some fraction every time
it is used?  Does a CT machine use a lot of expendibles causing the high cost?

People seem to be so mystified by doctors that they dont ask any questions.

They are also terrified that if they dont pay tribute to the medical industrial complex,
their doctors will let them die.