[Peace-discuss] a critique of american medicine and theflexner report

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 09:12:23 CDT 2010

Well, it's for the same reason that other big complicated machines are expensive -- combines, telescopes like the Hubble, planetarium projectors like Adler's or Parkland's... and most med facilities pay for them by charging patients and their ins companies for their use. This would all go away for individuals and their for-huge-profits ins companies if we got rid of the latter and replaced them entirely w/ government funded plans... but that would be socialized medicine, unacceptable to those wanting less gov't involved (while wanting yet more gov't involved -- medicare, overturning Roe v Wade, etc). Welcome to the Rabbit Hole. --Jenifer