[Peace-discuss] Interview with Norman Finkelstein on Israel, etc.

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Jul 14 09:43:49 CDT 2010

Well my first thought was that it meant Battered Day Saints but decided that
was either half-baked or just plain fried.

Then I thought about BS and what the D might mean and realized that what is
affectionately called BS in the USA has a canine equivalent in China
implying
a similar lack of respect in the veracity measure.  But when you put Bull
with Dog
it seems to lose some effect, and the Chinese hooligan patois generally
includes "chou" (stinking) which is not a clarifier for "gou" (dog) but
for "goushi", the familiar contemptible objet of pedestrian art and
artifice.

Nonplussed by this exercise as you might imagine I tried "Dumb" instead of
"Dog" but got nothing useful.  Finally I consulted Google which turned up
Bush Derangement Syndrome (who cares), the British Deer Society, Blower
Drive Service, and an outfit in Guangzhou that makes heavy duty drill
presses.

Then I found that there is a Global BDS Movement and I imagined telethons
for some
horrid connective tissue disease but read closely enough to find that it
stands for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions for Palestine. I suppose I
could lay off Matzos for awhile.  I am sure Kissinger would be anguished if
he knew about it.  I thought maybe falafel was from Israel but I wasnt sure
I could spell it right and googling it might take me circumnavigating back
to the Blower Drive Service...that actually could explain the news item
"Palestinian Queers Call for BDS" http://bdsmovement.net/?q=node/741.

It seems to me that the solidarity of consumer revolt wouldnt do much, and
it seems to take the focus off of the question "what is the US government's
role in all this mess?" and "why cant we seem to do anything about that?".