[Peace-discuss] [Discuss] Non-interaction with Champaign police

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 02:00:02 CDT 2010

Wayne wrote: > Kiwane C. thing. Simply asking the kids what they were
up to could have taken care of the whole matter.

If I remember correctly, that call to the police was by someone who
was on probation. They did not want to be accused of committing a
crime themselves.

I do think that making that call was poor judgement. But I also see
vigilantes having poor judgement -- after all they are one person
acting on limited information. Supposedly, police are trained to not
act on limited information.

-karen medina