[Peace-discuss] [Discuss] [CentralILJwJ] Fw: Fw: What hath got rot?

laborhour laborhour at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 22:07:42 CDT 2010

One of the original critiques on this listserve of the recent health insurance reform bill was by David Johnson.  I won't go into details, but take it from me, FW Johnson is far from well off, although he does have a job that supplies health insurance.  I'm greatly disappointed in the Democrats myself and feel they could have done much better, although I will admit that there are a few things like the ban on turning people down due to preexisting conditions that I like.  However, I feel that Obama and the Dems in Congress wasted a year and a ton of political capital that they could have used to fix the economy so that more of us could have jobs that supply health insurance.

I have to self-pay my union insurance now because of the lack of work.  It's really expensive when you've been on unemployment since December 2008.  The stimulus package was incredibly lame and I only had 30 days work last year.  We need a WWII level effort to turn things around by totally revamping our transportation, energy, education and healthcare systems, but instead the Dems wasted a year and the momentum they had after the 2008 election.  What a bunch of dumbasses!

Right now I'm racking up massive co-payments at Carle because of an abcess in my right lung.  Did they outlaw co-payments and deductibles?  A lot of people with good insurance go bankrupt because of co-payments.