[Peace-discuss] [Fwd: [lbo-talk] the communitarian case for drones]

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 19:28:06 CDT 2010

What strikes me most of all about Etzioni, especially after spending some time trying to understand the basics of Chomsky's work on language, mind, and freedom, is Etzioni's complete lack of interest in what a human being is. He recognizes rights, but they're seen as kind of a nuisance. While his fascist tendencies are obvious, he's seen as a "moderate" between the poles of "freedom" and "responsibility."

DG