[Peace-discuss] AOTA invites you to Spot the Loony!

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Feb 16 00:16:23 CST 2011

There is a wide variety of people who attend and participate actively in
CPAC.  It is not at all a homogeneous monolith.

I dont know why they would turn away Gaffney, since they allowed uber-neocon
John Bolton, Newty the Gingrinch, et al. who have essentially the same "War
is Peace" message as Brother Barack.  I watched part of the Romulan's speech
on American Exceptionalism and just about had to barf.  Someone must have
written one clever joke for him although the rest of his jokes were
clunkers.  Ann [Hang 'em High Haman] Coulter called for jailing more
journalists.   There was plenty to poke fun at.

There  are many booths and vendors at CPAC who have books and literature,
tapes, DVDs to sell and give away sort of like any trade show, and they run
the gamut from paleo-con to outright anarchist to libertarian to nuke'm
neocons to some genuinely well-meaning Christian charities and what-not.

This year there were people actively passing out anti-Ron Paul literature in
the hallways, but they did let both Pauls speak, and Ron Paul won the
presidential straw poll, beating out the Romulans for the second year in a
row.