[Peace-discuss] Venice & misleaders

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Jan 23 11:14:21 CST 2011

On 1/23/2011 11:12 PM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> But I don't get the reference(s) in your last paragraph. Elucidation,
> please? --CGE
Our delicate minded society is appalled by the notion of decapitations.
I was suggesting something more pleasant.

Herod and Antiochus Epiphanes (two famous tyrants)
were said to have died from an infestation of maggots,
much "gentler" than the brutality of decapitation.

P. regina is the "queen" of maggots often used in medicine.  Lucilia is
another genus of maggot also used in medicine, named for the
preparer of the famously deadly aphrodisiac.  Phormia regina and Lucilia
are the black bottle fly and the green bottle fly (respectively) often
used in medicinal maggot
therapy because they can eat away the decayed flesh and cleanse the
wounds.  It seems that maggot
therapy would help cleanse the wounds of war.

It gets difficult to distinguish between the men and the maggots.
Finally the maggot cleansed wound has got to be cleansed of potentially
overaggressive maggots.