[Peace-discuss] floodgates are open on Afghanistan withdrawal

Corey Mattson coreymattson at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:18:46 CDT 2011

I'm not sure what these developments mean exactly, in terms of what will
happen, but I took all of it as good news. This is an opening we should
definitely exploit. The NPR affiliate here, WGLT, is interviewing our BloNo
peace group tomorrow in conjunction with our monthly anti-war rally, and
while this might be small potatoes, we've been ignored by every single media
outlet in town for years now (except for the student media at ISU, perhaps).
It seems like those calling for withdrawal are getting some attention, to
which leaders are being forced to respond.
--- Corey