[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Veterans to stage protest at Tim Johnson's office this Thursday on the Eve of Veterans' Day

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 7 17:12:00 CST 2011

Good remarks Karen.

Carl has been pursuing a vendetta against David Gill while enamored with Tim Johnson for years, now, it seems, and for reasons not always transparent. It seems that Carl interprets Gill's beliefs/positions in biased ways. For example, I've heard Gill  in person declare that he was against our wars and foreign policies, including Israel-Palestine,  and also against bloated military budgets. And, of course, he has advocated a single payer health insurance system, which Johnson opposes. Gill has attempted to answer Carl's attacks upon him, but his answers have never been accepted as forthright enough for Carl.

Yes, Gill will be sorely tested if elected. Congress seems to corrupt those who enter its precincts: Politicians like to retain power and this too often compromises the common welfare. Would Gill have the fortitude to stand against the Democratic leadership? We won't know until he's there, but he's seemed to me a progressive candidate.

We have much more data on Tim Johnson, and as Carl says, it is not all bad.

My 2¢.  --mkb