[Peace-discuss] Work to change laws if we can't change opinions...

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 22:04:29 CST 2012

     Neuroscientists claim to have identified differences in the brains of self-identified "liberals" (larger anterior cingulate cortexes) and "conservatives" (larger amygdulas). They believe that those differences determine thinking and feeling, w/ nature trumping nurture once again.      So... maybe our background/experiences or perceived ability as independent thinkers have little (or nothing) to do w/ who we
 are. Pretty interesting, explains a lot if it's true (plus it saves us activists trouble trying to get others to understand and share our point of view). We can still work to overturn bad laws and establish just ones.      Matchmaker profile of the future: "SWM, 35. Have my own successful business and huge amygdulla. Seeking SWF 20-30 w/ similar profile. Personal and family xrays a must."     Here's the Wikipedia entry that cites the studies and what they're said to mean:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_political_orientation