[Peace-discuss] Fw: Fwd: Hate will not prevail in C-U

Wendy Edwards wayward710 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:24:30 CST 2012

I agree that the "Frank Frankerman" commenter in the DI article (
http://www.dailyillini.com/index.php/article/2012/02/braverman039s_lecture_followed_suit_in_promoting_peace)
sounds like David Gehrig, as does the "spangwurfelt" user in the N-G who
posted a disparaging comment about Braverman.  And yes, it's a little
ironic for an anonymous poster to call for someone else to take
responsibility for their words.

That said, I can't see the point of calling Rabbi Cukierman names as you
did in a comment under the story.  On Saturday morning, I was there as
well, and it impressed me that Cukierman had the guts to show up at an
event where most people were not likely to agree with him and say what he
thought.

Braverman seemed genuinely concerned about the Palestinians and had some
interesting ideas.  However, some of the things he said bothered me.  If i
understood correctly, it sounded like he made a comment about Jews
controlling the media.  I can see why Cukierman might have found this
upsetting.  On the other hand, I've also seen some hard-core anti-semites
online and Braverman didn't sound anything like them.

Wendy