[Peace-discuss] Interesting comment on Syria (from Elaine Hagopian, via Kevin Zeese on ufpj-activist)

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 14:08:19 UTC 2012

Amy Goodman made a little progress this morning, after weeks of a headline news approach that reflects mainstream accounts. Patrick Seale provided some good context, while making the mistake of attributing Obama's behavior to Israeli influence and Jewish voters. The representative of the SNC was appropriately challenged in claiming to represent popular and democratic forces. Seale was firm in his suspicison that the Hula massacre was perpretrated by the opposition, calling for an investigation that the U.S. of course does not want. Goodman has not been at all good in providing some much-needed skepticism in this regard.

DG

 the Shabiha        (civilian Alawite mafia) did it on behalf of the regime. Who to        believe? Two things are clear, both the regime and the        militarized opposition lie, and both commit atrocities. In the        meantime, the original, non-violent reform movement, now calling        for Assad to step down as well, has been overshadowed by the        violent exchanges going on between the regime and the        militarized opposition. As Syria deteriorates and feels the        pressures of the economic sanctions, the violence escalates.        Russia and the U.S. suggest different 'solutions,' but have not        found common ground to move toward halting the violence..."

>>The full interview and others here: http://www.arabichour.org
>>

>>KZ
--  Shift the Power