[Peace-discuss] "Kony" propaganda

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 12 14:26:40 UTC 2012

Rohn--

I agree that others' free political speech should not be interfered
with.

Chomsky has said, quite correctly it seems to me, "If we don't believe
in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it
at all."

Of course by far the most serious interferences come from the police
and government. The Obama administration's war on whistleblowers &
journalists (notably Wikileaks) has seen them use the oppressive
Espionage Act from World War I at least six times, when it had only
been used three times from Woodrow Wilson to Obama.

But wholesale interference by the government doesn't justify retail
interference by its opponents.

Regards, Carl