[Peace-discuss] Fw: [CentralILJwJ] Fwd: C-U Residents Threaten Durbin with Primary Challenge on Social Security Cuts

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Thu Apr 11 15:58:49 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Naiman
To: centraliljwj
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:37 AM
Subject: [CentralILJwJ] Fwd: C-U Residents Threaten Durbin with Primary Challenge on Social Security Cuts

As luck would have it, I'm going to Carbondale tomorrow to give a talk on drone strikes. I figured, while I'm there, I'll pop by Durbin's office and drop off the petition.

NEWS ADVISORY

For Immediate Release: April 10th
Contact: Robert Naiman, 217-979-2957

1322 Concerned Citizens Sign "#ChainedCPI? For Every Social Security Judas, a Primary Challenge" petition

On April 11th, residents from Champaign-Urbana will deliver a petition to Illinois Senator Dick Durbin signed by 1322 people so far.

The petition was created on the website SignOn.org and states, "I pledge that I will support a primary challenge to any Representative or Senator who supports cutting Social Security and veterans' benefits by imposing the "chained CPI" cut."

Press reports say that in his budget, President Obama plans to propose cutting Social Security and veterans' benefits by imposing the "Chained CPI" cut. The only way to stop this is by escalating pressure on Congress. Let's pledge that every Democratic Representative and Senator who supports cutting Social Security and veterans' benefits is going to face a primary challenge.

To read the petition go to: http://pac.signon.org/sign/chained-cpi-for-every

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Recent Activity:
Visit Your Group
 Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest . Unsubscribe . Terms of Use . Send us Feedback .