[Peace-discuss] Fw: Rodney Davis voted yes on theAmash-Conyers amendment

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Thu Jul 25 14:33:26 UTC 2013

Below are the rest of the Illinois U.S. Congress people and how they voted.

Only 2 out of 11 democrats voted YES to stop NSA spying, Bobby Rush ( former Black Panther Party member ) and Danny Davis.

Voting NO in support of NSA spying were 9 democrats including the liberal "darlings " Jan Schakowski and Robin Kelly ( the recently elected Congresswomen from Chicago who took Jesse Jackson Jr.'s seat ). Jesse Jackson Jr. would have absolutely voted YES. And I can also bet that Kelly's democratic primary opponent Halvorson would have voted YES. You know the one who the DNC did a smear campaign on because she opposed gun control. And as usual the loyal liberal dems swallowed the propoganda hook, line and sinker. So I hope your happy with your choice. Identity politics strikes again.

Yet, 2 out of 5 republicans voted YES to stop NSA spying. A much better average than the democrats I am sorry to say.

Moral to the story.... If one truely believes in their values of a better country and a better world, you MUST stop voting party labels and look at each candidate individualy and ESPECIALLY who is giving them corporate money ( ie. which corporate interests are they beholden to ).

New York City's staunchly anti-gun mayor Michael Bloomberg played a big role in the Illinois race. The Bloomberg-backed Independence USA PAC blasted Halvorson in a series of ads for her support of the National Rifle Association. Bloomberg's super PAC spent over $2 million on pro-Kelly ads in the race.

And we all know what a " friend " to Labor and civil liberties Mayor Bloomberg of NYC is

Note some of these ILLINOIS U.S. Congress people -

(Yes votes are opposed to NSA spying.  No votes support NSA spying )

Democrats – Bustos, X; Davis, Danny, Y; Duckworth, N; Enyart, N; Foster, N; Gutierrez, N; Kelly, N; Lipinski, N; Quigley, N; Rush, Y; Schakowsky, N; Schneider, N.

Republicans – Davis, Rodney, Y; Hultgren, Y; Kinzinger, N; Roskam, N; Schock, X; Shimkus, N.