[Peace-discuss] Two Awesome Film Screenings This Week!

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:40:59 UTC 2013

*R E M I N D E R  :   FILM SCREENING TONIGHT! (pass it on)*

*Film Screening + Post-Film Discussion | Pariah (2012)*
*Thursday March 14th | 7pm
*
*Women's Resources Center | 703 S. Wright St. 2nd floor, Champaign*
Pariah is the story of Alike, a 17-year-old African-American woman who
lives with her parents Audrey and Arthur (Kim Wayans and Charles Parnell)
and younger sister Sharonda (Sahra Mellesse) in Brooklyn’s Fort Greene
neighborhood. She has a flair for poetry, and is a good student at her
local high school. Pariah is the story of a young, queer, spoken word
artist and her own coming of age.The Sex + Gender Film Series occurs on
Thursdays at the Women's Resources Center in collaboration with Gender and
Women's Studies, National Organization for Women UIUC Chapter, DiversityEd,
and Media and Cinema Studies
*TRAILER HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwYtHVlQN9c*
*Invite folks on Facebook
here<http://www.facebook.com/events/313714182082094/?fref=ts>