[Peace-discuss] Academic Freedom Conference ... speakers flying/ driving / Skypeing in from around the country/world.

David Gehrig david-cu at nukulele.org
Sat Apr 26 10:03:30 EDT 2014

I've removed OccupyCU from the reply list, having inadvertently sent some replies there. Sorry!

But, again, Carl, you're failing to make an important distinction. Holocaust denial isn't just an oddly alternative political viewpoint to be tossed into the mix in the name of breadth of political discourse. Holocaust denial is an overtly antisemitic product of neo-Fascist racism, by antisemites for antisemites, not just another perspective on politics.

To the degree that Counterpunch is prepared to paper over the fact that it publishes Holocaust deniers -- as it surely does, and as it surely papers over -- Counterpunch is willing to show that it has has forfeited, morally and ethically, on the issue of antisemitism.

It's very frustrating that you refuse to see such a simple point, but it's also a sign of the ill effects of too much Counterpunch.

@%<