[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Invitation to record AWARE ON THE AIR

Karen Aram via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Aug 6 17:08:49 EDT 2014

Ya'aQov

You need to be fair.
 Carl has frequently pointed out that the US sells weapons to the nations you refer. It is Israel that is our satellite and stationary aircraft carrier.
Carl also gave a history of Hamas and their leader Khalid Mashal.

As to using Ron Szoke as your "typical academic", I must object on his behalf, given he has made it to every AWARE filming aside for those when he has been on holiday, he also has attended during the same period of time the filming of NFN, and he is always prepared, keeping up with current news as well as history. He has always spoken out against the oppression by nations whether it be the US, Israel or elsewhere. In spite of disagreements he faces at home from his "new bride".

He also gives of his time at the market at least twice a month for a couple hours at a time, never failing to show.

Add to the above he has almost never missed a protest or demonstration, standing outdoors for as much as two hours at a time, holding a sign in traffic, it's not always pleasant, given the heat, rain, wind, and snow we have experienced of late. He is older than either you or I, and I find myself frequently fatigued having to keep up with him.

Last but not least, your assertion that "Ron Szokes of the academic world are responsible for this hatred and the way it, in turn, fuels mobs into aggression and perpetuation of violence."
is totally absurd without warrant and defamation of character of one who has actively sought to bring about peace.

On the show yesterday, I challenged you to join us in our activities, I meant to assist us in speaking out against the perpetrators of violence and crime, not those who are attempting to remedy it.

Karen Aram