[Peace-discuss] News-Gazette LTE: Davis on right side of Cuba question

E. W. Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Mon Dec 22 21:20:46 EST 2014

"They who hold us captive demand of us mirth" Dept.:

     from the US Gov't web site on travel to Cuba:

> Cuba is an authoritarian state that routinely employs repressive
> methods against internal dissent and monitors and responds to
> perceived threats to authority. These methods may include physical and
> electronic surveillance, as well as detention and interrogation of
> both Cuban citizens and foreign visitors. Human rights conditions in
> Cuba remain poor, as the Cuban government limits fundamental freedoms,
> including freedom of expression and peaceful assembly.  U.S. citizens
> visiting Cuba should be aware that any on-island activities may be
> subject to surveillance, and their contact with Cuban citizens
> monitored closely.

The United States of Amerika is an authoritarian state that routinely
employs repressive methods against internal dissent and monitors and
responds to perceived threats to authority. These methods may include
physical and electronic surveillance, as well as detention and
interrogation of both U. S. citizens and foreign visitors. Human rights
conditions in U.S. remain poor, as the federal government limits
fundamental freedoms, including freedom of expression and peaceful
assembly.  Citizens visiting the U.S. should be aware that all
activities may be subject to surveillance, and their contact with U.S.