[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Those pesky Jew bankers who run the world have Francis in a tizzy again

Stephen Francis via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Wed Jul 9 07:47:40 EDT 2014

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:18 PM, ewjohnson via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote:

横 may indeed be "Yoko" in Japanese, but it is pronounced "heng"
in Chinese and has the same meanings as in Japanese, but most commonly I hear
it used to mean a horizontal line component of a Chinese character. The right side of the character is "huang" which gives the sound (~ heng)
and the left side is a tree which alludes to some meaning of a straight object
like a log.  And not to quibble  about it(oh, no!) but I think that Yoko Ono in Chinese (kanji) characters is 小野 洋子 [xiao ye yang zi (Ono Yoko)] which means "little wild ocean child". * Some of your Yokes are hard to bear.

In trying to come up with a witty response to Wayne's clever gibe (= quib), I found the following (and it was interesting enough that I abandoned the attempt): • Yoko (横) in Japanese is a fairly generic term meaning "side"; it also has some less common, negative meanings = "wrong", "invalid", "illogical", and "disorder". ~ which means that the Greek for the Japanese "yoko (横)" would be αἵρεσις (= "choice" or "thing chosen") from which we get the English 'heresy,' which means a choice of one side, with overtones of "wrong", "invalid", "illogical", and "disorder." Heresy Ono? On Jul 8, 2014, at 10:21 PM, ewjohnson <ewj at pigsqq.org> wrote: