[Peace-discuss] Spies of Mississippi: The True Story of the Spy Network that Tried to Destroy the Civil Rights Movement

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 02:53:54 UTC 2014

Interesting that my mentioning of Mississippi's Sovereignty Commission went
directly into a discussion of the FBI. In fact, the MSC was very much like
Mississippi's own FBI.

What I should also mention is that the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission
became a very strong lobbying body in Washington D.C. (Imagine it -- the
State of Mississippi might have a lot of money), lobbying for segregation.

Also imagine the FBI lobbying. // Deep pockets. // Our taxes. // And what
issues would be lobbied for and against?