[Peace-discuss] Fw: Don't let Congress keep Illinois from chemical safety

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:41:59 EST 2016

Please see below:

________________________________
From: Union of Concerned Scientists <action at ucsusa.org>
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 5:08 PM
Subject: Don't let Congress keep Illinois from chemical safety

[http://action.ucsusa.org/images/content/pagebuilder/ucs-logo-v3.png]<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=43WAxdB1BlbTdk0dPoDjSA>

[http://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/themes/primary/images/ucs-logo-for-sn.jpg]<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=43WAxdB1BlbTdk0dPoDjSA>

Union of Concerned Scientists<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=43WAxdB1BlbTdk0dPoDjSA>
action.ucsusa.org
The Union of Concerned Scientists puts rigorous, independent science to work to solve our planet's most pressing problems. Joining with citizens across the country, we combine technical analysis and effective advocacy to create innovative, practical solutions for a healthy, safe, and sustainable future.

We need chemical safety reform now.

We Need Chemical Safety Reform

Congress is working on the final version of reform for an outdated, unsafe chemical safety policy. Illinois's attorney general can help ensure they pass real reform that doesn't undermine your state's ability to create the strongest safeguards from toxic chemicals. Defend Illinois's chemical protections.

Take Action Today!<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=FrjQ0w-HveKuzutH2E3kmQ>

ACTION ALERT
Don't Let Congress Keep Illinois from Protecting You from Chemical Hazards

Dear

Did you know that Illinois has some of the strongest chemical safety protections in the country? For example, your state has some of the toughest restrictions on use of dangerous chemicals such as BPA, lead, mercury, and flame retardants in household products.

We need to ensure Illinois is able to continue creating the most effective chemical safety protections.<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=S1Sl1Dw6JOXXKbL7OB26ew>

It's a good thing your state has stepped up. Currently, less than one percent of the 84,000 registered chemicals that we encounter in our daily lives had safety checks under the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) chemical safety program for the past 40 years. Fortunately, it now is finally the time to reform our broken national chemical safety protections while keeping the best of Illinois's safeguards.

The House and Senate are working to fix this outdated, unsafe system and are in the process of combining their differing bills to make the final law to improve chemical safety for the country. To get it right, they need to hear from influential voices like Illinois's attorney general.<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=JBSzgKgDZbxfIAUANDi73Q>

Twelve states' influential attorneys general are already speaking out to protect their state's ability to protect their residents-it's critical that Illinois join them. Your attorney general has the chance to shape a chemical safety reform that leads with science and benefits public health before industry profits and allows Illinois to better protect you from toxic chemicals.

Tell Attorney General Lisa Madigan to urge Congress to pass a robust law that doesn't curb Illinois's ability to create the most effective safety protections.<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=e29fJPV8PzNiEHUoD3Gscw>

[Take Action]<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=f6SplQm4esNoKyHTstIxdg>

Sincerely,
[Danielle Fox]
Danielle Fox
Senior Outreach Coordinator
Center for Science and Democracy
Union of Concerned Scientists

[donate today]<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=EcAawctti_xxe_L2yo9DKg>

Science for a healthy planet and safer world
UCS is a 501(c)(3) organization. All gifts are tax deductible. You can be confident your donations to UCS are spent wisely.

[https://secure3.convio.net/ucs/images/content/pagebuilder/bbb-cn-cw-logos.jpg]

About UCS<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=aw9Zd6hLmF9A-LH4csf6Lg> | Take Action<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=ba5JFB_ocDMuQFaRp3I0Ow> | Donate<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=DWkrQNF6LgbiVKoi_CHdFg> | Contact Us<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=hW5ZBdDjHwNOZzAP5ldlzg> | Privacy Policy<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=CW2GE2485TKfFmZsCNg0BA> | Unsubscribe<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/CO?i=LViCRWEYDYjMMgHVpwftmZo8xvl6KlFz&cid=1785&i=X7dkmQkBt_RDKd4Fg2eE9A_VWHEvkiR-&cid=0> | Update Your Profile<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=gDa7XCSXvkXDe5swTH_bYA>

Union of Concerned Scientists
2 Brattle Square | Cambridge, MA 02138-3780
© Union of Concerned Scientists. All rights reserved. www.ucsusa.org<http://action.ucsusa.org/site/R?i=HBk7WWHVJeoadf6mgf5umw>