[Peace-discuss] [Peace] upcoming Martin Luther King, Jr. celebration activities

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Tue Jan 12 16:11:13 EST 2016

“...I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today — my own government.” —from M. L. King, “Beyond Vietnam” (1967)

“...I am now convinced that the simplest approach will prove to be the most effective — the solution to poverty is to abolish it directly by a now widely discussed measure: the guaranteed income.” —from M. L. King’s final book, "Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community?" (1967)