[Peace-discuss] Is the Sales Tax a Jails Tax? Public Forum on Oct. 5th

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:09:01 UTC 2016

A very important local issue to be addressed.
On Sep 22, 2016, at 19:57, Build Programs,Not Jails <buildprogramsnotjails at gmail.com<mailto:buildprogramsnotjails at gmail.com>> wrote:

Is the Sales Tax a Jails Tax?

There have been many questions about the "Public Facilities" sales tax referendum that will be on the ballot in our county this November. To help dissect this controversial ballot measure, Build Programs Not Jails will be hosting an educational panel and discussion.

Urbana Alderman and long-time activist Aaron Ammons will moderate a panel that explains the details of the referendum, lays out possible alternative paths for solving the county's facilities issues, and outlines the case for opposing the sales tax referendum. A dialog with the audience will follow the panel. Please join us in this crucial discussion so we can make an informed decision at the polls this November.

Wednesday, October 5th at 6:45pm
in Robeson Room A at the Champaign Public Library

Build Programs, Not Jails
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois