[Peace-discuss] retraction

bjornsona at ameritech.net bjornsona at ameritech.net
Sat Jul 28 22:31:51 UTC 2018

Thinking the problem cannot be solved at the level on which it was created. So frustrating to keep doing the same thing and it doesn't work. The American Republicrat War Party  studies past peace-movement tactics in order to beat them, rather like super bacteria mutating to overcome antibiotics.
The only thing that vibrates higher than fear is love.

Sent from my LG Phoenix 2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
------ Original message------From: Estabrook, Carl G via Peace-discussDate: Sat, Jul 28, 2018 3:42 PMTo: Robert Naiman;C G Estabrook;Cc: Peace-discuss List;Subject:Re: [Peace-discuss] retraction

Too bad about Lee & Khanna.  But can't a single voice (or a few) be dismissed as a malcontent, and irrelevant? (Look what was done to Ron Paul.)

There wasn't a lone voice in Congress in 1968 regarding Vietnam (or later Cambodia). There was a national mood, in Congress, and out of it, that something was very wrong. The sort of thing Bernie Sanders should be saying now.

Fifty years ago that was led by student protest. Universities have had two generations to scotch that, and they've been successful. They were taken by surprise in the '60s, and they won't let that happen again. (Cue Steve Salaita.)

Perhaps BLM et al. can be the new catalyst. Black Agenda Report consistently exposes the warmongering, even of a black president & Congressional caucus. BAR is not misled by identity politics, which the Democrats particularly want to use to distract from their
 neolib & neocon policies - more war and more inequality.

In regard to the current US wars, we surely need people who follow Rosa Luxemburg’s advice, from a century ago: “The most revolutionary thing one can do is always to proclaim loudly what is happening.”

--CGE