[Peace-discuss] GOTV as if your life depends on it...because it does

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 20:10:11 UTC 2018

Trump’s only true threat to the American political establishment was his suggestion that as president he would depart from the policies of the Obama-Clinton administration that produced more war and more inequality - and so the immiserated public elected him.

But Trump’s weakness as president has allowed the establishment to force the continuation of those policies: e.g., Trump has said that the US should withdraw from Syria, but the Pentagon has contemptuously expanded the number of troops there.

Will turning Congress over to Democrats in the coming election greatly increase the chances of more war, as the establishment continues to assert control over Trump’s maverick dispositions? The cynical ‘Russiagate’ campaign suggests the answer is yes, - the party finally in control is the pro-war party.

—CGE