[Peace] Tomorrow-Ladies and Laddies Against War!

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 17 10:49:29 CDT 2001

Tomorrow, Thursday we'll once again go to Prospect Avenue on the overpass,
where the exit from I-74 meets Prospect, to hold up banners and meet our
neighbors. 12 noon to 1pm.

If you need a ride from Urbana, meet at the School for Designing a Society
at 11:45 am. If you can go there directly, park around the TIRE LUBE
place, at the corner of Prospect and Marketview.

We have banners, but you can make your own. Our idea is to consider these
banners an 'alternative newspaper'---news the media is actively and
DELIBERATELY preventing our neighbors from seeing. No wonder they think as
they do. Some ideas are:

CHEVRON-TEXACO OIL MERGER EAGERLY AWAITS NEW PIPELINE
BOMBING WILL NOT STOP TERRORISM
BOMBING WILL NOT BRING SAFETY
I LOVE AMERICA BUT LOVE IS NOT BLIND--STOP THE BOMBING
RICHEST COUNTRY IN WORLD BOMBING POOREST COUNTRY---WHY???

So if anyone wants to make posters along these lines, great. Or any other
ideas/news you want.

Can someone bring a camera---this time we'll take pictures of ourselves,
and write a story of ourselves for urbanaindymedia. Nowadays you have to
be both the event, and the reporting of the event--yuck.

Last week over 20 of us were there, and it was exhilarating! Come out and,
for once this week, --RELAX!!!