[Peace] New U.N. resolution means no war for at least this year

John Morrissette johnm at wolfram.com
Fri Nov 8 09:23:56 CST 2002

 The US is working against a deadline due to the weather. By the time
it is summer
In Iraq (April May) it will not only be hot for chemical suits but it
will also make any
military action on the ground difficult. They have been moving lots
of equipment moved into
the region but there still has not been significant movement of
troops or the call up of any reserves.
This means that there is still a window of a few months before actual
military action outside
of Air strikes.

We should also consider that it will take some time to get Weapons
inspectors on the ground
and time for a crisis to be manufactured.

Also per NPR and CNN the resolution has been passed by the Security
Council 15-0.