[Peace] (no subject)

Wallace Stratford III laliberte419 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 09:19:04 CDT 2003

Hi All,

The long awaited concurrent alternative to P4P will happen this Saturday
April 26th.
Our hopes are not to detract from P4P's numbers or success, but rather to
gain numbers from those turned away by the vulgarities and hostility of the
Pro-War folks on Prospect.

I need some commitments from folks willing to make/corral/commander signs
for the event. While not wishing to fetter artistic creativity or message,
we would like to tailor messages to deal with "occupation" and the financial
encumbrances this war has created (diversion of funds from social programs,
etc.) .

While we hope to keep this a peaceful, non-confrontational event, I would
still like to have some commitments from folks interested in "security", in
the event that some impetuous individual decides that his/her patriotism
once again trumps the constitution.

We are phoning through our lists to make people aware, but you should (as
always) bring your friends, family, and neighbors kids. We'll do our best to
keep this a friendly and inspiring event.

Here are the specifics:

WHERE: Neil and Anthony Drive, Champaign
WHEN: 2-4pm Saturday (concurrent with P4P)

Park smartly! There should be ample parking in the nearly empty strip-mall
lot near Olive Garden and TJMaxx  just off of Anthony (to the East of Neil).
Blend with other shoppers to avoid being towed. We don't want to give
businesses any reason to complain or call the tow trucks.

If you are interested in helping to organize the event please email me
laliberte419 at hotmail.com.
See you there!
Saludos,
Ryan