[Peace] Progressive Calendar Collective to Form

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:30:04 CST 2003

Hello Urbana Champaign Community

As you know if you have ever tried to plan an event - the easy part is
planning the event. The hard part is getting people to show up. It is hoped
that this effort will help simply the publicity efforts for progressive
organizations holding events and help the general community members by
giving them easily accessed timely information on what is going on in town.

What will be included in the calendar?  Will music listings help get the
calendar picked up and read? Will non profits get priority over others? Can
this be expanded to do press releases, etc.,  How will we fund ourselves?
Where will be our home? Will this blossom into a 1/2 hour weekly radio
program with a focus on an event each week?

The Progressive Calendar Collective is about to form! Get in on the ground
floor!

We hope to have a database (and people to fill the database) that will make
calendar information available in a various formats to feed...

1) Print media including the Public i and possible a stand alone calendar
that will be published and distributed weekly.

2) Radio for PSA's on WEFT and possibly WILL. For community calendar on both
of these stations.

3) For on line access via the Indy Media web site.

4) Public Access TV

We need you. WEFT volunteers. Programmers. Video producers. Bulletin board
readers. General public with an hour a week to volunteer for keyboard entry.
Members of any progressive organizations that would like to use this
service. Come one come all.

Tuesday Feb 4., 6pm
Tuesday Feb 18, 6pm
Indy Media Center, 218 W. Main, Urbana