[Peace] Trip to April 12 National March on Washington?

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 26 14:30:46 CST 2003

I am willing to be primary organizer (though I would need some help) for a
trip to DC for the just-announced April 12 National March on Washington.
This is another event sponsored by International ANSWER, like the last DC
trip we organized back in January, but unlike that event (which I attended),
this is a march directly on the White House. I have done some preparation in
advance for this (gathering information on van and bus rental options, ways
to get the word out quickly, etc.). Before I go ahead with this, though, I
need to gauge whether there's sufficient interest.

Please reply to me directly if you would be interested in going.

Please also forward this message far and wide.

The cost per person, as with the Jan. 18 trip, would probably be $60 to $90
per person, but just as last time, I'm sure we'll have a pool of money to
sponsor people in part or in full. We would probably depart early Friday
morning and arrive late Sunday evening, like last time, but a later
departure (Friday evening) and/or earlier arrival (Sunday morning) might
also be possible. Depending on interest, I would aim to provide options both
for low-cost (or free) lodging (we did sleeping bags in a church last
January) and also a convenient, reasonable-cost motel for those who would
prefer that.

Again, please reply to me directly (and not to the mailing list). Or give me
a call at:

351-8644 (home)
722-8470 (cell)

Thanks