[Peace] P4P thoughts/ideas

Matt Reichel reichel at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 31 00:59:03 CST 2003

	Given the recent upscaling of the pro-war/anti-democracy
protestors at P4p weekly.. I had the following 2 thoughts:

1) Die-in.   We should organize a "die-in" for one of the weeks, where all
of the anti-war protestors at one time fall to the ground. The image will
be perfect: flag waving brainwashed patriots waving banners
that say "support out troops! Go get 'em! Kill Saddam...etc" standing next
to a massive group of people that are illustrating the true results of
Bush's program of action. Instead of escalating P4P into a game of numbers
(how many protestors and signs can we get out there?), I think this "die
in" idea will defeat the pro-war people morally. This will parallel the
war situation in that we can just lay down and say "okay. you've won!! ..
but what have you won?"

2) My other idea sort of runs contrary to the first. Namely, we could
cheat just like they do and bring people in from a "100 mile radius" (DI
3/31/03) to demonstrate. I am sure that I could attract support from
colleagues at ISU in Bloomington/Normal, and UIC in Chicago. We could
really make this thing huge for one day.

I am looking for comments from people that I can bring to the Wednesday
SPA meeting. Keep me posted.

Thanks much,
Matt