[Peace] P4P thoughts/ideas

Joan Nelshoppen jnlshppn at prairienet.org
Mon Mar 31 05:35:13 CST 2003

Interesting idea.  We take our two kids with us to P4P as we believe it is
a valuable experience for them.  We will NOT be taking part in a die-in
although others are welcome to.  Please let me know if this actually gets
planned for a weekend so we can stand in the no die-in section.  I really
doubt such an action will "defeat the prowar people morally."   It will
just make them shake their heads and wonder about our sanity.  (Please know
I am not saying "don't do this."  You can do what you want.  That's one
thing AWARE is certainly strong on.)

The same goes with a mock funeral/ coffin procession.  I, for one, don't
wish to be a part of that if it gets planned.  Again there will need to be
an area at P4P that isn't so much into these types of demos and where
theater organizers don't expect others to take part in.

Joan