[Peace] peace music festival/show

Todd Beard todd.beard at eby.com
Thu Mar 27 12:45:30 CST 2003

i have posted an invitation on the peace archives at anti-war.net asking activists involved in the on-going peace protesting to join us for a recording of music to serve as inspirational rallying  songs for all who work on the front lines of this battle against injustice.  we are a 'rural-rock' group called roadside prophets, and we hope to record a live show at the IMC in front of a an active crowd.  we will record and distribute 10 original anti-war, pro-peace anthems with no prospect for profit.  we will offset the costs of recording, mastering and distributing the project to ant-war groups all over the world.  anyone interested in joining us for the recording, or wanting to purchase a cd (at cost) please email us at elsiekirkpatrick at hotmail.com, or visit us online at nudemusicgroup.com and follow the links to the project or roadside prophets home page.  we are also working on a project at the label (nude music group) which is to be a global petition designed to speak out against war as a viable answer to world issues.  we assert that no citizens gain from war, only governments and corporations do, therefore as citizens we must firmly state to our leaders that thier wars are being wages against our will and "not in our name".  anyone interested in any of this please contact us, we plan to come to the sunday meetings, and be a part of the movement "in spirit, in skin, and in song"

thank you

todd beard
roadside prophets

"yeah, i know the answer...
it is as simple as perfection.
and all the kings and presidents
don't even know the question"  - from protest song

"are we not all sons?
are we not all daughters?
are we not each called to awe
at the deep eternal water?" - from the sky has fallen

"3 days before the war
and i was getting my car clean.
the songs all stopped for the president
and my son said, "daddy, what's that mean?"
i turned off that radio
we left those buckets full
to dance and run under the dying sun
and kick a big purple ball" - from 3 days before the war

above are examples of lyrics for a few of the songs we will record.