[Peace] FYI: Sun., 10/12 at Channing-Murray: Rethinking Columbus

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Sat Oct 11 02:41:35 CDT 2003

Rethinking Columbus - Durl Kruse.
Oct. 12, 12 noon, Channing-Murray

When you think of Christopher Columbus what images and facts come to mind?
How does this understanding influence our view of the world, religion, and
empire today? Join us as we explore and discuss the"truth" and "myth" of
Christopher Columbus. Discussion leader is Durl Kruse. 12 noon,
Channing-Murray Foundation, 1209 W. Oregon, Urbana.

The Sunday noon services at Channing-Murray invite people from a rich
variety of religious/spiritual/philosophical perspectives and traditions to
share their core beliefs, values, and faith journeys.  These
Unitarian-Universalist Sunday services are informal, participatory, and
nonjudgmental.  Persons from all faith backgrounds are welcome, and
attenders are warmly invited to enjoy refreshments and informal
conversation following the service. As UUs we strive to put into daily
practice our vision for a better world as we affirm the interdependent web
of all existence of which we are a part. More information is available from
Claire Szoke, director, at cszoke at uiuc.edu.