[Peace] Bill Moyers returns on PBS

Kimberlie Kranich kakranich at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 14:22:06 CST 2006

  Bill Moyers will be back on WILL-TV and PBS next April.

  See details, below.

  -Kimberlie

  From: John Wilson, PBS Programming
Re: Bill Moyers Journal

I am pleased to announce that Bill Moyers will return to public television with a new, weekly public affairs series called BILL MOYERS JOURNAL beginning in late April.  Each week, the series will attempt to provide the high quality public service journalism with which Moyers and his colleagues have been identified for almost four decades.

"I retired from 'NOW with Bill Moyers' two years ago because it was time," said Moyers.  "Now it's time to come back.  Old journalists, like old soldiers, never die; we just tell new stories."

Bringing back the landmark PBS series that first aired 35 years ago, BILL MOYERS JOURNAL will be reinvented for the 21st century to reflect the new challenges facing journalism and the issues confronting democracy. As always with a Moyers project on PBS, this one will be on mission, timely, and important.

The goal is to enrich the conversation of democracy with fresh and original voices & perspectives seldom available anywhere else on television. In each week's one-hour broadcast, BILL MOYERS JOURNAL will feature produced analysis of vital issues, strong interviews with unique voices on politics, the arts and letters, science, religion, and the media, as well as debates on public issues and documentary specials.

The series will follow the April 25th premiere (note this new date) of a 90-minute documentary report that has been in production for almost a year.  "Buying the War" (w.t.) explores the role of the press in the lead up to the invasion of Iraq, including how the government's claims about weapons of mass destruction and terrorist ties to Saddam Hussein were reported. "Buying the War" features interviews with Dan Rather, Tim Russert, Bob Simon (of 60 Minutes), and Walter Pincus (of The Washington Post), as well as Walter Isaacson (former president of CNN) among others.

Two days later, on April 27th, BILL MOYERS JOURNAL will begin a weekly run, Fridays at 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM.  The series is sure to generate buzz and add to the national discussion.  The series is being delivered to PBS fully-funded with a two year commitment, and Thirteen/WNET will be the series' presenting station.  Bill intends to offer local stations specialized promos and publicity.

We'll provide more detailed information as it's available.  Until then, please join me in welcoming Bill back to PBS on a regular basis.

*end*

http://mail.yahoo.com