[Peace] Re: [Peace-discuss] War and civility

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 9 18:46:40 CST 2006

Bob,

1) I would have thought that folks who joined AWARE did so because
they belonged to your second group, who "see war (i.e., in Iraq and
Afghanistan in particular, and those foretold as "preventive) as such
an emergency that it transcends personal considerations and must be
fought with all available tools."

2) I assume that Carl said the argued position of Al was, in the
particular instance, "racist", not that Al was racist. Overly strong
language perhaps, but the point intended seems worth emphasizing:
Karen just pointed out that the Afro-American population of Chicago
largely rejects Obama as representing them. True?

3) It is too bad that some left AWARE in the aftermath of this
incident, as feelings were indeed bruised, but one should put their
priorities in order. For me, our wars are truly abominable, and I can
overlook other differences I may have with members of our group.

My worthless 2¢.  --Mort