[Peace] Good News Gazette day for AWARE!

Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Sun Mar 19 11:38:18 CST 2006

What  a good News (Gazette) day for AWARE.
A rare and timely series of AWARE mentions and coverage by the local
newspaper......from A fairly decent article about the vigil this Monday
before the city Council vote found on page A-9 along with the world
coverage of 3 year anniversary events.......to a glimpse of Urbana City
Council History by Mr. Kacich on page B-3.....  to the best of
all....... the letter to the editor by Gary and Jamie Storm.

I think we met the goal suggested by UFPJ to get notice in the local
media about the "3 years too many"!  I am pleased we were able to have
all these articles and the Storm's letter in the N-G today!  Even the
negative letters have placed our perspective as an alternative.  The
anti-war message is being read by many more people!
I hope we have a good turn out on Monday at the vigil at 6:30 and
possibly an additional vote from Ward 3.
See you at AWARE tonight!
JAN Kruse