[Peace] Jan. 17th Rally

eheim2 at illinois.edu eheim2 at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 14 17:11:23 CST 2009

To all who can make it up to Chicago, it is strongly encouraged that you attend. Thanks!

Eric Heim

We want to see changes!!!!!!!!!!

However...
Barack Obama is only one person, and anyone who thinks that ONE person can change our entire government, our country, and the world has forgotten THEIR OWN role in making change. Therefore, we are gathering outside Obama's office in Chicago for a rally to make sure that CONCRETE demands for change are heard loud and clear...

THE CHANGE WE NEED
A DEMONSTRATION OF OUR HOPES OUTSIDE OBAMA'S TRANSITION OFFICE
CHICAGO'S FEDERAL PLAZA SATURDAY JANUARY 17TH @ 1PM
... organized by the students of the Campus Antiwar Network, and open to all organizations inspired to join

We don't accept that CEO's, Generals and lobbyists should be the ones making demands of President-elect Barack Obama.Students with mounting debt, workers facing layoffs, gays and lesbians denied equality, immigrants threatened by deportation; these are the regular people whose energetic rejection of George Bush and John McCain have ushered in this new, hopeful era of American politics. We have demands to make of the new administration as we celebrate the end of the old.

WHAT WE WANT
PEACE
BRING ALL THE TROOPS HOME NOW!

GAY MARRIAGE
REPEAL THE DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT

IMMIGRANT RIGHTS
END THE RAIDS & DEPORTATIONS

SCHOOLS
REPEAL NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND

A NEW DEMAND:
FREE GAZA
END THE OCCUPATION!!!

Let's not have our demands stop here, bring any others you might have to the rally!