[Peace] Scott // Request regarding the PTSD/Military Suicides Panel on February 15

MartyneConrad Wetzel mc-wetzel at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 12 17:29:02 CST 2011

To: Scott Kimball, IVAW
From: Conrad Wetzel, Mennonite Church
Re: Request regarding the PTSD/Military Suicides Panel on February 15

I aplogize for making this request so late, but if you would please consider it and say "yes," I would feel both honored and grateful.

With the IVAW panel discussion on PTSD and suicides in the military coming up on Tuesday, February 15, I would like to ask whether you (and/or another IVAW member) could come to the Mennonite Church on Sunday, February 13, to share as you did once before.

As you will recall, at the Mennonite Church we have the adult Sunday school class, called Coffee and Conversation, which provides an open forum for the discussion of a variety of issues, often related to peace and justice concerns. I mentioned to the leader of our Coffee and Conversation class, that I had learned that IVAW was planning to hold a panel on Tuesday, February 15, on PTSD and suicides among military personnel. I offered to invite someone from IVAW to join us this Sunday morning to share from his personal perspective on these issues concerning veterans. Might you be available and willing to share with us in this way this Sunday morning, February 13?

This Sunday school class meets from 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 noon. We would be delighted to have you join us Sunday morning to share with us. You would find the group very sympathetic and receptive to what you would have to share, as they were previously. If you could not be available, perhaps you know of someone else in IVAW who could meet with us. You would be welcome to bring along another IVAW friend with you, if you would like. We appreciated having Jacob Crawford with us, when you were here before, and you'll note that I have sent a copy of this request to him, also.

If you could join us at 9:15 a.m. for the church worship service, that would a provide a good time to introduce you to the whole congregation, as I did when you were with us before. Our morning worship, to which you would be warmly welcomed begins at 9:15 to 10:45, making a half-hour coffee break prior to the 11:15 Sunday school class. Please let me know if you would be available to meet with us. The group's response to your previous presentation was one a strong interest, so we hope that you could share with us in this way.

The Mennonite Church is located at the intersection of Springfield and Lincoln avenues in Urbana. You'll recall that the parking lot is at the rear of the church building.

http://www.ivaw.org/blog/operation-exposure-war-trauma

I'm looking forward to hearing whether you might be able to honor us in this way,
Conrad Wetzel
217-390-9246
mc-wetzel at hotmail.com