[Peace] Protest in support of Egypt's demonstrations - Sat 11:30-1:30

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.illinois.edu
Thu Jan 27 02:12:11 CST 2011

This Saturday, 11:30-1:30, at the County Courthouse in downtown Urbana,
there'll be a demonstration in support of the demonstrations happening in Egypt.
The organizer, Ola, writes

   Join us in showing our support to over 50,000 Egyptians who demonstrated
   across Egypt on 1/25, calling for the ouster of the longtime president
   Hosni Mubarak.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=189426131076443&index=1

[I write: It's an exciting time.  The US government is likely to
stick with Mubarak's established gov't (after all, we give them billions
in aid each year).  Let's express our support for the Egyptian people,
who are courageously standing up against their own government,
in increasingly widespread demonstrations across Egypt, at real risk
to themselves!    See this clip (thanks to Bob Naiman for pointing it out):
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC528nK8O2w
  - Stuart
]